08 September 2010

on the needles

Well, besides loving to do


I also love to



So today I thought I'd share with you what I have on the needles and what I have waiting in the wings.  Currently, I'm working on a pair of leg warmers I'm hoping to wear this winter with boots and skirts.  I'm using a gorgeous yarn hand-dyed by some friends of mine, Madeline and Megan.  It's from a local yarn shop Madeline owns called, Knit One Weave Too.  It's a sock yarn and is knitting up so beautifully.  The pattern is just simple stockinette, but I think it really shows off the variegation of the yarn.  The pattern is from: 
Book 1:  the Knit Stitch, Inspiration and Instruction
by Sally Melville. 




Waiting in the wings are 3 more beautiful yarns I bought while Rob and I were vacationing in the Pacific Northwest earlier this summer.  The first one is my Seattle yarn, by Ty-Dy socks.  I got it just a block or so down from Pike Place Market at So Much Yarn



My plan was to make socks out of all of these, but I may end up doing leg warmers if I like how this first pair turns out.  The next yarn is from KnitPurl in Portland, Oregon.  I forced myself to buy something that did not have purple in it.  But upon closer inspection this actually does have a teeny smidge of lavendar.    =) 
This is Pico Accuardi hand-dyed by Larissa Brown. 



Lastly, a yarn from a shop in Cannon Beach, Oregon called, Coastal Yarns.  This is Socks that Rock by Blue Moom Fiber Arts.



See?  I just can't get away from purple!

Now, as if that's not enough, I stumbled upon the fall/winter issue of Debbie Bliss knitting magazine in the bookstore that had a really cool sweater pattern in it.  The pattern is called Point Edge Coat.  It's an assymetrical style tunic length cardigan/jacket.  I've been wanting to make myself a cardigan and this one would really suit me, but I think it will have to wait for a while. 



So I have quite a lot to keep me busy at home and at soccer games all fall and winter long...  Now, the question is could I possibly finish the sweater before spring gets here?!

Well, I hope you have something fun to knit, sew, read, create or enjoy today.  Maybe you could let me know what's in the works for you.  Until next time,

blessings and happiness,
Athena


No comments:

Post a Comment