07 February 2011

art room


First off, I have to say the close up pictures are the little things that make me happy, but the wider angle shots are the ones that tell the whole story.  So I'll preface the tour by telling you that our new house is a two story craftsman style house in a new neighborhood.  It's a brand new house, but it feels old because of some the features built into it.  (I love old houses, Rob not-so-much.  So this is a good compromise for us.)


My art room is actually in the basement, which is a walk-out that we plan to finish.  So for now my room is unfinished so you'll have to pardon the exposed wall studs, insulation and concrete walls.  But what I do love is that I have a great window and door that let in lots of light and lead out to the patio and backyard.  In fact, this was the view out back 2 days ago.  We had just gotten another round of snow and the trees looked beautiful. 


So I hope you enjoy this tour of a little bit of my new world. 



















If I could, I'd invite you over for a cup of tea.  We could chat about blogland, our art, our families, the weather, maybe a favorite book...  But I guess this is the next best thing.  So thanks for stopping by and as always, I wish you...

blessings and happiness,
Athena

4 comments:

  1. You have done up your space so well! It's adorable, beautiful, peaceful. Love the little personal touches. Ribbon wrapped around the bottle, garland in the window, those pretty table cloths. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. dearest athena,
    thank you for the tour,
    & the tea wishes,
    & your lovely words
    that bless me
    on many, many days.
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful space! So inviting! Thanks for sharing it with us! Sending you some yummy chocolate hearts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you ladies. you bless me :)

    ReplyDelete