19 August 2010

what's in a name?


What's in a name?  Well, to me, a lot.  I think names say something about who you are, or what your business is, or about your dog's personality, or some special hope you have for your child... 

So, I take names pretty seriously, (which is why it took Rob and I so long to come up with names for our children that we both agreed on).   ;)    So when I was thinking of a name for my little art business, it was pretty cool how God inspired me with gypsysticks.  I immediately thought, "That's perfect!".


gypsysticks suits me so well, I think.  Gypsy is a word that just really describes me and my personality pretty well -- at least how I see myself.  It also has sentimental meaning because it was the name of my first horse, Zantanan's Gypsy. 

And sticks sort of symbolizes the tools I use in my art -- paint brushes, markers, knitting needles, pens and pastels, sewing needles...  you get the idea. 


I just really wanted to share that with you today.  I hope maybe all these little clues and stories will help you get to know me a little better.  What are some names that mean something special to you?


blessings and happiness,
Athena

1 comment: