30 November 2010

back in the saddle


Well, after a wonderful week of enjoying my family and all our Thanksgiving celebrating, I feel like I can get back in the saddle again.  We had a wonderful Thanksgiving.  I hope you and your family did, too.  Although I look forward to enjoying the Christmas season, I feel distracted and slightly worried about some things on the horizon for me.


As you know, my art show is barely a week and a half away and I still feel as if I have quite a lot to do to prepare.  I'm confident that most of the artwork is done.  It's just the displays and packaging and other last minute things that are still hanging over my head. 



More recently, Rob and I have been giving a great deal of thought to moving to a new house.  We would still be in the local area, just in another town.  Moving into a new home is a major life decision.  It is one we have been pondering for some time.  We have prayed about it and want to make sure we don't rush and that we make the right decision for all of us. 



It seems as if things are falling into place for us to do this soon.  I know from past experience that moving is a HUGE undertaking and can be all-consuming of my time and energy.  I worry that getting our home ready and keeping it meticulously clean and neat will monopolize my time and creative energy. 







However, thinking of living in and decorating a new home gets my creative juices flowing, too.  I know I'll still be gypsysticks and I'll still be making art.  And eventually I'll have an even better place (my own studio!) to do it in. 

So, even though Thanksgiving is over, I still feel extrememly thankful for all I have and all I have to look forward to.  I look forward to the journey and thank you for keeping me company on it.

blessings and happiness,
Athena


1 comment:

  1. best of luck with all the upcoming changes that may be taking place! i can't even agree to start a minor room re-do for fear of disrupting up the rest of the house, lol!!

    ReplyDelete