09 August 2011

summer shawl


I recently bought this beautiful book and found a pattern for a lovely summer shawl.  I've been working on it most of the summer and finally finished it.




The book is a collection of Vogue patterns, so of course they're all beautiful.  I knitted my shawl with Dream in Colors' baby lace weight 100% Australian merino wool in Sour Pear.  Isn't that a pretty name for a summer yarn?





I find myself knitting a lot lately.    It's hard not to be insprired by beautiful knitting books and lovely yarn.  As soon as I finished this shawl, I cast on for a new scarf I'm knitting for Brooke for school this year.  More on that next time.




blessings and happiness,
Athena

1 comment:

  1. hello to you!!!!!! xoxo
    loooooove this green!!
    & yumminess to anticipate
    wearing...beautiful!

    ReplyDelete