31 August 2011

getting into the swing


Well, I think we're finally getting into the swing of things around here and things are going very well.  The last two weeks of August were busy with us celebrating Brooke's birthday on the 20th with a big slumber party, and then there was the back to school shopping, and enjoying one last leisurely trip to the library.  The children are in their second week of school and we're all sailing along smoothly now.


The children are all doing well and are happy with their teachers.  Brenna is in 8th grade (I can't believe it!), Brooke is in 6th, and Sean is in 1st.  I'm still volunteering in the library this year, in fact today is my first day.  And...even bigger news, I have been asked to teach art this year!  Yay!  I will be teaching art to 4th grade and 6th grade.  



Monday was my first day with art and I think it went really well.  I'm so excited and know it will be a fun year.  What a fun way for me to help at school, do something I love and pass on that joy to a room full of eager kids!



Brooke and Sean are still humming along smoothly with soccer and football.  (You should see all those 5 & 6 year old boys running around in their helmets and pads!  So cute!)  Their first games start next week.  Brenna was supposed to be playing soccer in the same league as Brooke, but they didn't have enough 8th grade girls to form a team, so now we are checking into an indoor league for her.



I've still been knitting up a storm and am also itching to paint.  I have a big 36 x 36 canvas waiting for me.  I haven't painted in a while and I'm really looking forward to sitting down and enjoying some time in my studio. 

  All in all, I'm happy and we're blessed.  I hope you are, too.



blessings and happiness,
Athena

 

1 comment:

  1. athena, athena, dear athena,

    thank you for your shining words out of the great blue.
    thank you for lifting my spirit too!

    armloads of blessings and happiness to athena, and apples,
    rachel
    (i just copied this note out of my email. i had replied to you through email but it was immediately returned to me/not going through for some reason!)

    ReplyDelete